Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Ferris Wheel




You're supposed to do one thing a day that you're afraid of...at least according to a quote on the trendy shopping bag my yoga pants came in. Unrelated, but want to guess how often I've worn them for yoga?

I'm slightly afraid of heights ... falling from heights, specifically. Actually, being pushed off high things, mostly. Or made to voluntarily leap from them...that would be the worst.

Our Kiwi expat friend, Laura, suggested we go on the ferris wheel downtown after a free symphony concert in the park the other night. Last time we went on a ferris wheel, it didn't go so well. I clung to the post in the middle of our cage and sobbed.

I made Tom promise not to rock the cage, thus fanning the spark of his desire to rock the cage. He was brilliant at finding ways to rock the cage while feigning innocence. It was quite inspiring and I couldn't help but forget my own terror while I tried to scare Laura by also rocking the cage, all the while claiming I wasn't. Another unmarketable skill.



1 comment:

  1. Glad you were able to live through your fear Kitty and survive the Ferris Wheel by the Yarra...

    ReplyDelete